You are here
10 Things to gear up for at the happiest music festival!
EAT, DRINK, BREATHE AND LIVE MUSIC AT BACARDI NH7 WEEKENDER
10 THINGS TO GEAR UP FOR AT THE HAPPIEST MUSIC FESTIVAL
The stage is set. The countdown has begun. Loyal fans have already got their tickets for India’s largest multi-genre festival – Bacardi NH7 Weekender. They know what the buzz is all about — the excitement and energy that has now become synonymous with the happiest music festival in the country. This year, however, is special for fans as well as those who will experience the magic for the first time, as the festival turns 10!
We list down the top 10 things to watch out for that will make this experience a truly memorable one for all who attend:
● International favourites such as Opeth, Karnivool, Kodaline and Nick Murphy fka Chet Faker — the man who travelled around the world solo for four years with a microphone in his suitcase, recording his vocal tracks in spaces that inspired him — will be performing at Bacardi NH7 Weekender.
● All fans of hip-hop are in for a treat at the Pune edition. Grammy-nominated artist and producer J. Cole’s record label Dreamville Showcase is bringing Cozz and Earthgang down to India for the first time. The lineup also includes performances by the Indian-American rapper Raja Kumari - a global sensation thanks to her fusion of the cultures and sounds of the east and west. A whole host of other hip hop performances will let people discover budding talent from around India and the globe.
● For the music lovers who want to keep up with new, emerging talent and sounds from across the world, Bacardi NH7 Weekender is where you will hear it first. The festival showcases some of the most popular national and international artists. Pick a genre you like and you’re sure to find something you love. Just wander between stages and discover a new favourite, that’s what the Weekender state of mind is all about.
● The flourishing local talent of the north-eastern states will be on full display at the fest this year. Names like Khasi Bloodz, Imphal Talkies, Lo! Peninsula, Small Axe Sound and The Andrea Tariang Band are set to knock your socks off.
● Bacardi NH7 Weekender doesn't just cater to the music aficionado. For those who want their funny bone tickled, a new stage has been set up that will host a strong line-up of comic acts such as Zakir Khan, Kenny Sebastian, Sumukhi Suresh, Neeti Palta and a lot more.
● As part of its 10 year celebration of bringing together some of the best talent in the country, the festival has put together several special sets this year. Soulmate is putting together a north east blues special, Yung Raj is performing a special set with several guests and A. Hariharan will be performing a special set called Soul India.
● The happiest music festival is clean and green as well. The festival’s zero-waste initiative ensures all waste is strictly segregated and recycled wherever possible. The cup reuse policy and free water stations also encourage concert goers to go green at every step.
● The Bacardi NH7 Weekender is for everyone. That’s why the festival makes special provisions for specially-abled individuals to enjoy the festivities with wheelchairs at the medical station and special viewing platforms. It’s also pet friendly so if you want to bring your pup along, go ahead!
● Music and comedy performances are not the only things that will keep you busy. You’ll be spoilt for choice with the plethora of food and product bazaar options.
● If you’re headed to the Meghalaya edition, picture yourself against the backdrop of The Festive Hills near Thadlaskein lake, listening to some soulful music, laughing and relaxing with your friends amidst the breathtaking mountains of Meghalaya. Get the full festival experience by staying at one of the campsites near the venue.
The festival has been an instant hit among those with a good ear for music right since its inception in 2010, drawing a huge crowd of music lovers who want to spend the happiest weekend of the year with Bacardi NH7 Weekender.
The 10th edition of the concert will be held in Pune from Nov 29 - Dec 1 after the edition in Meghalaya from November 1-2, 2019.
Get your tickets on: www.NH7.in
OML is a global, artist-first company that creates intellectual properties (IPs) for content platforms, live entertainment and brands, that have become synonymous with pop culture in India and across the world. OML’s global creator network spans 200+ artists across genres and across 20+ countries.
Working at the cross-section of content, talent representation and live experiences, OML has produced promoted and presented sold out tours in India and abroad for some of India's biggest entertainment properties, from BACARDÍ NH7 Weekender (described by The Guardian as "India's answer to Glastonbury") to Breezer Vivid Shuffle (India’s largest hip hop festival) and LOLstars and Headliners in comedy. They have also produced 200+ hours (3.6Bn minutes watched) of memorable and iconic online properties, series, standup comedy specials and content pieces across genres for television and various multimedia platforms such as Sound Trippin’, The Dewarists, Comicstaan, Laakhon Mein Ek, Pushpavalli, Chacha Vidhayak Hai Humare and Queens of Comedy.
OML works with a wide range of brands (BACARDÍ, YouTube, Cadbury’s 5-star, Britannia, RedBull, Levi’s, FlipKart, Amazon to name a few) and creators including 150+ YouTube stars and some of the biggest independent comedy acts, dancers, writers and storytellers in the country including Zakir Khan, Kanan Gill, Kenny Sebastian, Kaneez Surka, Sumukhi Suresh, Prashasti Singh, Sidin Vadukut and Melvin Louis amongst others.
ABOUT BACARDÍ Limited
Bacardi Limited, the largest privately held spirits company in the world, produces and markets internationally recognized spirits and wines. The Bacardi Limited brand portfolio comprises more than 200 brands and labels, including BACARDÍ® rum, GREY GOOSE® vodka, PATRÓN® tequila, DEWAR’S® Blended Scotch whisky, BOMBAY SAPPHIRE® gin, MARTINI® vermouth and sparkling wines, CAZADORES® 100% blue agave tequila, and other leading and emerging brands including WILLIAM LAWSON’S® Scotch whisky, ST-GERMAIN® elderflower liqueur, and ERISTOFF® vodka. Founded more than 157 years ago in Santiago de Cuba, family owned Bacardi Limited currently employs more than 7,000, operates more than 20 production facilities in 11 countries, and sells its brands in more than 170 countries. Bacardi Limited refers to the Bacardi group of companies, including Bacardi International Limited. Visit
www.bacardilimited.com or follow us on Twitter @BacardiLimited or Instagram @BacardiLimited1862.