Anju Modi has been an integral part of the Indian Fashion Industry from its nascent inception. Having started her label in 1990, she has been a quiet but strong force in the vehement increase of potential, awareness & growth of fashion in India.
A revered couturier, her designs are incensed with passion, romance & innocent seduction. They have over the last two decades, mesmerized all whom are privileged.
- The House of Modi has two labels under it. Anju Modi and the other being am:pm which is the brainchild of her children Ankur & Priyanka Modi.
- She is one of the founder members of the FDCI (Fashion design Council of India), and is an ex-Board Member too.
- She supplies to a plethora of high-end boutiques, for her NRI clients and International market, in Jeddah, Kuwait, Bahrain, Dubai, London, California, San Francisco, Miami, Singapore and Hong Kong.
- In 2006 she was one of the designers, along with Rohit Bal Manish Aurora and Rajesh Pratap Singh who were selected for Heyers Fashion Festival in Paris, organized by the Paris fashion week.
- In the same year, she was also invited to present her collection at the Miami Fashion Week.
In 2009, she was requested by the Department of Tourism to show during their international event India Calling at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles.
- In 2010, She was nominated for the 'Best Indian Designer Award' by Marie Claire.
- In the same year, she was requested to present her collection at the Handloom Week – An initiative by the Ministry of Textiles.
- Behind the scenes Anju Modi has tirelessly been working with master artisans across the country. Age-old Indian techniques long forgotten have been delicately revived by her. In weaving, vegetable dyeing, block printing and old traditional embroidery she has created an extensive library of research and development.